Meetahandyman.com’s list of the tried and true 30 questions you should ask a handyman to help you find the perfect jack or jill of all trades.
General Background of the Candidate
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you choose to become a handyman?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?
- What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
- What are your most significant accomplishments?
- Do you have a current position and why do you want to leave?
- What are your expectations for your next position?
- What are your long-range goals?
Attitudes Towards the Job and Experience
- What qualities do you have that make you a good handyman?
- What do you enjoy about working as a handyman?
- What do you know about us?
- What do you find the most challenging part of working as a handyman?
- What do you find the most interesting part of working as a handyman?
- How long have you been in business and what type of experience do you have?
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Do you have any further training or certification?
- How do you handle an unsatisfied client?
- What kind of safety precautions do you take?
- Can you provide an estimate ahead of time?
- When would you be able to start this position?
- Can you provide two current references with phone numbers?
- How do you feel about a trial period; how long should this be?
- What hours do you expect to work each week or bi-weekly?
- How do you bill? Is there a minimum?
- What kind of payments do you accept?
- Is your work guaranteed?
- What would you like to say about yourself and this position to conclude this interview?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Need a Handyman?
Find Your Handyman Now
View Handyman Profiles in Your Area