Handyman Job in Gulfport, Florida
Hi there. I am about to close on a single-family home in Gulfport and there are a lot of things we need to get done. Some of these things are more immediate while others are long-term. I'd love to find a handyman who can be my go-to for everything. Hoping to find someone with reasonable prices and high quality work so that I can call you whenever I need something done in the next few years or more.
I am buying a wood-frame home that was just flipped. Cosmetically beautiful with all new A/C and appliances. Plumbing looks good. But they neglected some other parts of the home in the ... there are also some things that I want to do to the neglected yard. Apparently, they had people living in a shed in the yard... not exactly what I'm looking to use it for.
1. Electric - NO power in two 2-prong outlets, front porch light, and lamp post on front lawn
2. Electric - old wiring (apparently no power) in the back yard, including post with a switch coming out of the lawn. Needs to be removed.
3. Insulation needs to be installed in 6x6 space in the attic
4. About 10 feet of fencing needs to be installed to finish closing off the yard (so my pup can enjoy the yard)
5. There is a mini gable roof (don't know the terminology) sticking out from the main hip roof. The wooden sides of this part of the roof need to be replaced before termite swarm season... Inspector said it's a small task.
7. Install blinds.
8. Replace broken/nonfunctional windows (that are letting air get out) with hurricane-grade windows.
9. Maybe more as we think of things...
10. Gutters need to be cleaned
11. Whole yard may need to be cleaned of glass shards/debris/wiring leftovers... we asked seller to do this, but I'm assuming they will do a lackluster job. I don't want my dog cutting her paws.
12. Install missing storm drains
13. Set up washer/dryer
1. Add hurricane shutters to windows to make them up to code
2. Replace single-pane windows with hurricane-grade, double-pane windows.
3. Replace entire fence.
4. Exterior/siding painting
5. Yard - removing concrete slabs, landscaping, etc.
6. Installation of smart home technology - smart thermostat, smart doorbell, etc.
7. Maybe solar panels?
8. Change bathroom door to a sliding door
9. Sealing of flat roof (so it lasts as long as the main roof, recommended by inspector)
10. Sealing of AC duct so pests don't get in (recommended by inspector)
11. Leveling out front walkway (currently, it's a trip hazard... it's concrete)
I'm also needing:
1. Moving services
2. Recurring lawn care
3. If you know a little about termites and wouldn't mind doing a quick status check to make sure we don't look like we have any while you're here for other work, that'd be even better.
I'm sure there is more... this is just what I can think of right now. Looking forward to finding the right handyman to have for the long term.